Since their release in December of 2016, AirPods have been one of the most popular Apple products. And with good reason AirPods are incredibly easy to use and provide a great listening experience.
But for those who are new to AirPods, the controls can be a bit confusing. This article will outline the different AirPods controls and what they do.
AirPods controls for 1st and 2nd generation
The 1st and 2nd generation AirPods have several controls that allow the user to manage their music, phone calls, and other functions. To control AirPods, you can either use Siri or the AirPods themselves.
To control AirPods, you can either use Siri or the AirPods themselves.
Controls with Siri
To use Siri to control AirPods, just hold down the button on the side of your AirPods and say what you want Siri to do. For example, you can ask Siri to play a song, change the volume, or make a phone call.
If you don’t want to use Siri, you can also control AirPods by using the controls on the earbuds themselves.
Controls without Siri
- If you don’t want to use Siri, you can also control AirPods by using the controls on the Airpods themselves. There are two ways to control them: by using taps or by using a double-tap.
- Tapping once will play or pause your music, while tapping twice will skip to the next song. You can also control the volume by using these taps. A single tap will lower the volume, and a double-tap will raise it.
- You can also change what you want to do with the double-tap on each of your AirPods by going into the settings. To do this, go to Bluetooth > AirPods, and then select the “Double-Tap on AirPod” setting. You can choose from several different options from there, such as playing or pausing music, skipping to the next track, or activating Siri.
- If you want to answer a call, just tap the button once on your AirPods.To end the call, press the button again.
AirPods Pro controls
Apple introduced a force sensor in AirPods pro, which makes them easy to use compared to 1st and 2nd generation AirPods.
- To use a force sensor, just press and hold the force sensor, which is located on the stem of your AirPods Pro. You can use it to play or pause music, answer or end phone calls, and skip tracks.
- To attend a call with the force sensor on AirPods, just press the force sensor on your AirPods pro when you receive a call.
- You just need to press force senor once to play/pause music on Airpods pro. If you want to play the next track, tap the force sensor twice, and if you want to hear the previous track, tap on the force sensor three times.
- You can also customize your AirPods pro setting by going to Bluetooth > AirPods and then selecting the “Double-Tap on AirPod” setting. From here, you can set your AirPods to turn on noise cancellation or transparency mode by just pressing and holding the force sensor.
Apple has made it so that people can have as much or as little control over their AirPods Pro as they want. It also means that people can use the AirPods Pro in a variety of different situations, depending on what they need them for.
For example, if someone wants to use transparency mode while they’re working, they can adjust the settings so that only one AirPod Pro plays audio, and the other one picks up ambient noise.
This way, they can stay aware of their surroundings and still listen to their music. Alternatively, suppose someone is going for a run and wants to have the maximum level of audio immersion.
In that case, they can adjust the settings so that both AirPods Pro play audio in stereo. This gives them the best possible listening experience and allows them to truly lose themselves in their music.
AirPods 3rd generation controls
The new AirPods 3rd generation comes with a unique design and additional features. One noticeable change is the addition of force sensor on the earpiece.
This sensor allows you to play or pause music, answer phone calls, and activate Siri without using your phone. In addition, it has all the features of Airpods pro, excluding noise cancelation and transparency mode.
- Simply press the force sensor once to play/pause music on your 3rd gen Airpods. Tap the force sensor twice to hear the next song and three times to listen to the previous song.
- You can also answer or end phone calls by pressing the force sensor once when you receive a call.
- To activate Siri on your AirPods(3rd generation), All you need to do is to press the force sensor once. Then you can give different commands to Siri to perform different tasks.
The AirPods third generation is perfect for people who want all of the features of AirPods Pro but don’t need noise cancellation or transparency mode.
It’s also a good option for people who are looking for a more traditional earphone design. With this new addition, Apple has made it so that everyone can find an AirPods model that fits their needs.
Airpods Max controls
The new AirPods Max comes with a variety of different controls that allow you to customize your listening experience.
- The best feature in the AirPods max is the automatic head detection feature, which allows the AirPods to automatically play and pause your music when you take them off and put them on respectively.
- To adjust the volume, you can use the Volume control on your iPhone or iPad or the dedicated Volume buttons on the AirPods Max. To skip tracks, you can use the Siri Remote or the Volume buttons.
- Simply press the digital crown once to play/pause music on your Airpods Max. To hear the next song, press the digital crown twice. To return to the previous song, press it three times.
- When you receive a call, press the digital crown once to answer it double-tap the digital crown to decline it. Also, to end a call, press digital crown once.
- To activate Siri, you need to press and hold the Digital Crown. You can also ask Siri to play music, change the volume, skip tracks, and much more.
- The AirPods max also has a new spatial audio feature, which creates a virtual surround sound experience. This is perfect for watching movies or TV shows with AirPods max.
- The AirPods Max also comes with transparency mode, which allows users to hear their surroundings while they’re listening to music. This is an excellent feature for people who want to stay aware of their surroundings while they’re working or walking. To activate transparency mode on your AirPods Max, press the digital crown twice when your earphones are in use.
- One of the most notable features is the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) which allows users to block out unwanted noise so that they can focus on their music. To use the ANC feature, you need to press and hold the digital crown until you hear a chime. Once the chime sounds, your AirPods Max will be in ANC mode and will actively start canceling out noise. If you want to adjust the level of ANC, you can do so by going into your AirPods settings and selecting the “Noise Cancellation” setting. From there, you can choose between “Off,” “Low,” “Medium,” and “High” levels of ANC.
Tips for using AirPods controls effectively.
Now that we’ve covered different AirPods controls, here are a few tips on how to get the most out of them:
- Make sure you double-tap on the AirPods correctly. If you tap too hard, you might end up skipping a track or activating Siri by accident. Try tapping gently twice on the AirPods to activate music playback or pause music.
- You can also use voice commands to control music playback and phone calls. Just make sure you say “Hey Siri” before giving any commands.
- To avoid accidental activations, disable “Hey Siri” by going to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and turning off “Hey Siri.”
- You can also use motion sensors to control volume levels. Tilt your head upward to turn up the volume and tilt it downward to turn down the volume.
- If you want to keep AirPods in your ears when you’re not listening to music, disable “Ear detection” by going to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods and turning off “Enable Ear Detection.” This will keep AirPods in your ears even when they’re not playing music.
If you keep these tips in mind, you should be able to control your AirPods like a pro! For more information on AirPods controls, be sure to check out Apple’s support page.
So, there you have it! The ultimate guide to AirPods controls. Whether you’re a first-time AirPods user or a pro, these tips should help you get the most out of your earphones.
Be sure to check out other articles about AirPods on my website for more information on AirPods. Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, ask them in the comment section below.