There is no doubt that AirPods are one of the most popular pieces of technology on the market right now. They are sleek, stylish, and easy to use.
But what happens if you lose your case or someone else needs to borrow them? Can they still be charged? This article will answer that question and provide some tips on how to charge your AirPods when you can’t find your case.
Can You use Someone Else’s Case to charge your Airpods?
The short answer is yes. You can charge your AirPods with someone else’s case. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, you should only use a case that is compatible with your AirPods; for example, if you have AirPods Pro, the charging case must be for AirPods Pro, not AirPods first or the second generation.
- Second, you should ensure that the case has enough power to charge your AirPods. If the case is running low on power, it may not be able to charge your AirPods fully. To know the battery level of the other charging case, you can check by placing the AirPods in the case and then opening the lid; A green light will indicate that the case has more than 60% power, while an orange light indicates that the case has less than 60% power.
- Finally, you should be aware that charging your AirPods with someone else’s case can cause pairing issues. If you charge your AirPods with someone else’s case, they may become unpaired from your iPhone. If this happens, you can simply pair them again by opening the lid of the case and holding the button on the back for a few seconds.
You should be aware that Charging your AirPods with someone else’s case may result in slower charging times.
Can you charge my AirPods in a Different Case?
If you are in a situation where you lost or damaged your AirPods charging case and wonder if you want to buy a new one or if it will work or not, soothe answer is yes, it will work, but with some limitations.
- You can not use a case that is not compatible with your AirPods, so use the case that has the same generation.
- Don’t use third-party cheap quality cases; instead, use only original apple cases, which you can buy from the Apple Store or Amazon.
- Do not use a case that is not Qi-certified, as it can damage your AirPods.
- If you want to buy a third-party case at a low price, first make sure it is Qi-certified and has a good review or is from a trustable brand.
- You should make sure that the case has enough power to charge your AirPods. If the case is running low on power, it may not be able to charge your AirPods fully.
How can you Charge your Airpods?
There are two ways to charge your AirPods. The first is with the Lightning connector that comes with the case. The second is by using a Qi-certified wireless charger.
If you have access to a Qi-certified wireless charger, you can charge your AirPods by placing them on the charging pad. However, if you don’t have a Qi-certified charger, you can still charge your AirPods by connecting the Lightning cable to the charging port on the back of the case.
How to charge AirPods without a case
Unfortunately, you can not charge your AirPods without a case because the design of the earbuds prohibits it; however, there is some workaround that can help you do so, but we do not recommend it as there is a big chance you can damage your AirPods.
The best way to charge your AirPods is with the official Apple Lightning cable and case, which comes with your AirPods. In addition, you can also use a Qi-certified wireless charger, but make sure it is compatible with your AirPods.
If you have access to a Qi-certified wireless charger, you can charge your AirPods by placing them on the charging pad.
Can you charge AirPods case only?
You can charge only the case by connecting it to a power source with a Lightning cable or wireless charger and, in the meantime, use your Airpods freely.
If you want to know how much battery is left in the case, you can check by opening the case’s lid and close to your iPhone. The Pop up will appear on the iPhone screen, and the battery level will be shown there.
How Long Do Fully Charged Airpods Last?
Fully charged AirPods ( 1st and 2nd generation) will last for up to 5 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time. If you are using them for both activities, the battery life will be reduced to 3 hours.
When not in use, your AirPods will last up to 24 hours in their case before needing to be recharged.
With Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode turned on, your AirPods Pro will last for 4.5 hours and 3.5 hours, respectively. If you are using them for both activities, the battery life will be reduced to 2.5 hours.
How to Save Battery Life of your Airpods?
There are many ways that you can save the battery life of your Airpods.
- One way is to make sure that you are not using them for extended periods, but if you want to use your Airpods for an extended period of time, it is best to disable certain features. For example, you can turn off Active Noice Cancellation (ANC) and Transparency mode.
- You can use a single Airpod at a time instead of using both Airpods so that each Airpod can take turns playing the audio and give you more extra battery.
- When you are not using your Airpods, make sure to put them back into the charging case.
- And lastly, avoid exposing your Airpods to extreme temperatures, which could damage the battery.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to get more use out of your Airpods before having to recharge them.
Can you pair AirPods Pro with a different case?
Pairing AirPods Pro with a different case is possible, but with some limitations, you can not use a case that is not compatible with your AirPods.
If you want to pair your AirPods Pro with a different case, you can do so by opening the lid of the case, then putting both of your AirPods in that case and holding the button on the back for a few seconds.
In conclusion, you can charge your AirPods with someone else’s case as long as it is compatible and has enough power. However, doing so may result in slower charging times or pairing issues.
If you are having trouble charging your AirPods, check the case and cable for any damage and replace them if required.
Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask us in the comment section.