If you are reading this, it means that you have either accidentally or intentionally washed your AirPods or AirPods Pro and are not sure what to do next. Do not worry – we are here to help!
This article will walk you through the steps you need to take to try and save your AirPods.
Steps to Follow if You Have Washed Your Air Pods
1. The first step you need to take is to immediately remove your AirPods or AirPods Pro from the water. If they have been submerged for more than a few seconds, then it is likely that they are already damaged, and there is not much that you can do. However, if you act quickly enough, then there is a chance that you may be able to salvage them.
2. Once you have removed your AirPods from the water, it is important to dry them off as much as possible. Use a clean, soft cloth to gently pat them down and ensure no water is left on the surface. If possible, try to avoid using any kind of paper towel or tissue as these can actually end up doing more harm than good.
3. After you have dried off your AirPods, the next step is to remove the battery. This is a crucial step as leaving the battery in could cause it to short circuit and potentially damage your AirPods beyond repair. It is not easy to remove the battery yourself as it requires you to heat up your AirPods, so consider asking a professional to open it up for you.
4. Once the battery has been removed, it is time to focus on drying out the rest of your AirPods Pro. The best way to do this is to use a can of compressed air. Simply point the can towards each opening on your AirPods Pro and give it a few short bursts. This will help remove any remaining water and also help to dry out the internals of your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
5. Once you have done all of this, the next step is to reassemble your AirPods Pro and see if they are still working. In most cases, they should be fine – but if not, then you may need to consider buying a new pair.
Can AirPods Survive the Washing Machine?
Unfortunately, the answer is usually no. If your AirPods or AirPods Pro have been through a washing cycle, then it is likely that they are damaged beyond repair.
The best thing to do in this situation is to try and dry them off as much as possible and check if they are working. If not, then contact Apple for a replacement.
What to Do if You Washed Your AirPods Case?
If you’ve accidentally washed your AirPods case, there’s no need to panic as the case is water-resistant. Here are a few simple steps to follow in order to clean and dry your case:
- Remove the lid of the case and gently shake out any water that may have pooled inside.
- Using a soft, lint-free cloth, wipe down the case’s exterior to remove any water.
- Place the AirPods case in a well-ventilated area and allow it to air dry completely before using it again.
- If necessary, you can also use a hairdryer on the cool setting to speed up the drying process. Just be sure not to get the case too close to the heat source.
Can AirPods Case Survive the Washing Machine?
If you accidentally put your AirPods case through the wash, don’t worry. The case is water-resistant and may still work just fine. Just dry the case completely before putting your AirPods back in.
Then, plug the case into a power source and let it charge for a few hours. Once it’s done charging, try using the AirPods again. if they still don’t work,Try these troubleshooting steps or buy a new pair.
Are AirPod Cases Waterproof?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The AirPods and their cases are not waterproof. However, they are water-resistant.
This means that they can handle some exposure to water, but they should not be submerged in water or exposed to excessive moisture.
If your AirPods do get wet, you should dry them off as soon as possible.
Does Rice Work for Wet AirPods?
There is a popular myth that placing your wet AirPods in a rice bowl will help dry them out and fix any damage. Unfortunately, this is not true and can actually do more harm than good.
Rice does not absorb moisture well and can actually end up trapping water inside your AirPods, which could lead to further damage. If you want to try and dry out your AirPods, the best thing to do is to use a can of compressed air.
Simply point the can towards each opening on your AirPods and give it a few short bursts. This will help remove any remaining water and help dry out the internals of your AirPods.
If your AirPods still won’t work after following these steps, then it is likely that they are beyond repair, and you will need to contact apple for replacement or buy a new pair.
We hope that this article has helped you understand what to do if you accidentally washed your AirPods. Please feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below if you have further questions. Thank you for reading!