If you’re experiencing problems connecting your iPhone to iTunes, you may see the error message, “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unknown error occurred 0xe80000a.” This can be frustrating if you’re trying to transfer files or update your device.
So, the question that arises from many apple users is how to fix iTunes error 0xe80000a. But, you don’t need to worry. We will guide you through the process.
Step by Step Guide to Fix 0xe80000a iTunes Error
If you are having trouble connecting your iPhone to iTunes because of 0xe80000a error, Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Disconnect any other devices that are connected to your computer.Next. close iTunes and restart your computer.
- Open iTunes and wait for it to load completely.Using the USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.If a message pops up asking if you want to “Trust This Computer,” click “Trust.”
- Select your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and click the Summary tab.
- Under “Device Options,” ensure that the “Sync with This iPhone Over Wi-Fi” option is turned off.
- Click the “Check for Updates” button and install any available updates.
- Restart your computer and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and click the Summary tab. Click the “Restore iPhone” button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If a message pops up asking if you want to “Restore from this backup,” select the backup you want to use and click “Restore.”
- Wait for the restoration process to finish. If a message pops up asking if you want to “Erase All Content and Settings,” click “Erase.”
- Once the restore process is finished, your iPhone will be completely restored to its factory settings.
If the problem is still not fixed, try the solutions given below:
1. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software
If you’re still having difficulties connecting your iPhone to iTunes, your firewall or antivirus software may be blocking the connection. In this case, you’ll need to disable the software temporarily in order to connect.
2. Try Disconnecting Other USB Devices
If you’re having trouble connecting your iPhone to iTunes, it’s possible that there is interference from other USB devices. First, try disconnecting any devices that aren’t necessary, such as printers or external hard drives, and see if that solves the issue.
3. Reset the iTunes App
If you’re still experiencing problems connecting your iPhone to iTunes, it’s possible that there is a problem with the iTunes app itself. It may be necessary for this situation. to reset the app.
To do this, open the iTunes app and navigate to Preferences > Devices. Then, under “iTunes Recent Tasks,” click “Reset.”
4. Switch iTunes App Version
If you’re still having problems connecting your iPhone to iTunes, it’s possible that there is a problem with the iTunes app itself. It’s possible that this is the case to switch to a different version of iTunes.
To do this, open the iTunes app and navigate to Preferences > Devices. Under “iTunes for Windows,” click “Change.” Next, select the version of iTunes that you want to use and click “Change.”
5. Try to Reinstall iTunes
Apple has had several issues with its iTunes app in recent months. Users have been reporting problems with the app not opening, crashing, or not syncing with their devices correctly.
If none of the above solutions works, it’s possible that there is a problem with iTunes itself. This may be the case to uninstall and reinstall the software. Be sure to back up your data before doing this, as it will be erased when you uninstall iTunes.
Once you’ve reinstalled iTunes, try connecting your iPhone again.
6. Check Your Port Settings
It’s also possible that the port settings on your computer are causing the error. To check this, open iTunes and navigate to Preferences > Devices.
Then, under “Connect using,” ensure that the correct port is selected. If it’s not, select it and try connecting your iPhone again.
7. Change USB Port
If you’re still having problems connecting your iPhone to iTunes, it’s possible that the USB port on your computer is not working correctly. Try connecting your iPhone to a different USB port on your computer.
8. Update iTunes and iOS to the Newest Versions
One potential solution is to ensure that both iTunes and your computer are up-to-date. Apple releases new updates to its software regularly, so a fix for this error may be included in a recent update.
Additionally, you should make sure that your iOS device is running the latest version of the operating system. To do this, open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to General > Software Update.
If updates are available, install them and try connecting your iPhone to iTunes again.
9. Reset the Lockdown Folder
This worked for me on iTunes 12.7.6. I had to go to the iTunes folder on my PC, reset the lockdown folder, and restart iTunes. To reset the lockdown folder, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\. Delete or
- On your computer, open the Terminal application.
- Copy and paste “reset lockdown folder” command into the Terminal, then press enter.
- A message will pop up asking if you want to delete the “lockdown” folder. Click “Delete.”
- Once the folder has been deleted, restart your device and try connecting it to iTunes again.
10. Reset Privacy and Location Settings
Another potential solution is to reset your device’s location and privacy settings. Open the Settings app on your iPhone. and navigate to General > Reset > Reset Location and Privacy.
Enter your passcode if prompted.
Once the settings have been reset, try connecting your iPhone to iTunes again.
11. Contact Apple Support
If you’re still having problems connecting your iPhone to iTunes, the problem may be with your device and not your computer. It might be necessary to contact Apple support for help in this case.
They might be able to identify the root of the problem and provide a solution.
Hopefully, one of the solutions above has fixed your 0xe80000a error. It’s a good practice to try the easy solutions first and then move on to the complicated ones.
Thanks for reading this article, and feel free to ask any questions in the comment section.