Do you need to reset your AirPods? Maybe your AirPods aren’t connecting properly, or the sound is cutting in and out. If you’re having such problems with your AirPods or Airpods Pro, resetting them may be the only solution you need.
Remember that the procedure for resetting AirPods and AirPods pro is the same so follow the step-by-step guide given below.
How to Reset AirPods & Airpods Pro: A Step by Step Guide
- First, ensure that your AirPods are connected to your iPhone or iPad.
- Then you need to put your AirPods are in the charging case.
- Now, Open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
- Next, press the “i” icon next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Select “Forget this Device,” located at the bottom of the list.
- Next, open your charging case lid and hold down the button on the back of the case for about fifteen seconds.
- After a few moments, you’ll see the light on the front of the charging case turn orange. When it turns orange, release the button and wait for the light to turn green.
- Finally, press and hold both buttons on your AirPods for about five seconds until you see them start flashing white.
- Once they’re flashing white, release both buttons and wait for them to connect to your device. They should now be reset!
- If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your device.
- Connect your AirPods to your device again by selecting them in the Bluetooth settings menu.
Your AirPods will reset, and you’ll be ready to start using them again.
How to Reset AirPods Max?
Sometimes your AirPods max doesn’t connect with your device, or if they connect that have no sound or sound is cutting in and out.
If you are facing such problems or any other problem with your AirPods Max, you can reset them by following these steps:
- The process of resetting AirPods max is not complicated, but it is different from resetting other AirPods.
- All you need to do is make sure you charge them for a few minutes before resetting them.
- Then, press and hold the noise reduction button and the Digital Crown simultaneously until the LED flashes amber and wait for LED to flash white.
- This will reset your Airpods to their default setting, and it will also disconnect them from all the devices they were connected with before the reset.
- Finally, connect your Airpods Max with the device you want to, and hopefully, all the issues will be fixed.
If you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods Max to your device, try resetting them. Sometimes this is all it takes to get them working again.
Just remember that if you reset your AirPods Max, you’ll lose all of your customized settings and pairing information you’ve saved on them and have to pair them again with your devices.
What if Your AirPods Won’t Reset & How to Fix?
- One reason may be that the AirPods are completely drained of battery. If this is the case, you’ll need to plug them in to charge for at least fifteen minutes before attempting to reset them.
- Another possibility is that there’s an issue with the AirPods’ charging case. In some cases, the charging case will not charge the AirPods or allow them to reset. If this is the problem, you may need to contact Apple support for assistance.
- If your AirPods are connected to another device, you can’t reset them without first disconnecting them from that device.
- AirPods have a very low-energy Bluetooth signal that is difficult to intercept. So, bring your AirPods close to your device to fix this problem.
- If your AirPods are in use, you can’t reset them. So, put your AirPods back in the charging case to reset them.
When Should You Reset AirPods or Airpods Pro
There is no exact answer to this question as it depends on how often you use your AirPods and how careful you are with them. However, we recommend resetting your AirPods every three months or so.
This will ensure they keep functioning properly and ensure that your music sounds crisp and clear.
If you use your AirPods frequently, we recommend resetting them every month. If you’re especially careful with them, you may be able to go up to six months without needing to reset them.
However, it’s always a good idea to reset them every three months just to be safe.
Advantages of Resetting Your AirPods
- There are several advantages of resetting your AirPods. One is that it can resolve some common issues that you may be experiencing with them. For example, resetting them may fix the problem if your AirPods aren’t connecting to your device or if they’re playing audio inconsistently.
- Another advantage of resetting your AirPods is that it can help improve their battery life. If you feel like your AirPods aren’t lasting as long as they should, a quick reset could help make them run a bit more efficiently.
- Finally, resetting your AirPods can also be helpful in cases where you’ve accidentally deleted the connection between them and your device. You can reinstate the connection and start using them again by resetting them.
So, there are several reasons why you might want to reset your AirPods. So, If you’re experiencing any issues with them, it’s definitely worth a try.
And who knows, it could even help improve their battery life or get them reconnected if they’ve been disconnected somehow.
We hope that this guide was helpful in teaching you how to reset your AirPods. As we mentioned, there are many reasons why you might want to do this, and it’s a good idea to reset them every few months.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us in the comments section below. Thank you for reading!