If you’re having problems with your AirPods connecting, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Many people are experiencing this issue, and there are a few things that you can do to try and fix it.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most common causes of AirPods not connecting, as well as some solutions that may help. We trust that this information will assist you in getting your AirPods up and running again!
1. Check Your Battery Level
If your AirPods are not connecting, the first thing that you should check is the battery. If your AirPods are low on battery, they may not be able to connect to your device.
To check your AirPods battery level, go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select “Battery.” Here, you will see all the devices connected to your iCloud account.
If your AirPods are near the top of this list with a low battery percentage, this could be why they are not connecting.
2. Check for Software Updates
If your AirPods are still causing you issues, there may be a software issue. To check for updates, go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select “General.” Next, select “Software Update.”
If an update is available for your iOS device, download and install it. Once your device is up to date, try connecting your AirPods again. It’s also a good idea to check for updates to the AirPods firmware.
To do this, open the AirPods case and press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED flashes white. In addition, you should see a battery indicator on your iPhone or iPad. Again, if there is an update available, download and install it.
3. Restart Your Devices
If your AirPods still do not connect, try restarting both your AirPods and your iOS device. To restart, you simply need to press and hold the button on the back of your AirPods case until you see the status light turn off.
Once your AirPods are turned off, wait a few seconds and then turn them back on by pressing and holding the button again. Then, go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select “General.”
Then, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Shut Down.” Once your device has shut down, press and hold the power button to turn it back on. After both your AirPods and iOS device have been
4. Airplane Mode Toggle
If you’re still having problems connecting your AirPods, try turning on airplane mode. To enable, go to the Settings app and select “Airplane Mode.”
When airplane mode is turned on, all your devices will be disconnected from your iPhone. After a few seconds, turn off airplane mode by selecting “Airplane Mode” again. Then, try connecting your AirPods again.
5. Try Resetting the Bluetooth Connection
If your AirPods still do not connect, you may need to reset the Bluetooth connection. To reset, go to the Settings app and select “Bluetooth.”
Next, find the listing for your AirPods in the Devices section and tap on the “i” icon next to it. On the next screen, tap on “Forget This Device” and confirm that you want to forget it.
Once you have done this, try connecting your AirPods to your device again.
You can also reset the Bluetooth connection by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for about ten seconds until you see the Apple logo appear.
6. Reset Your AirPods
If you’ve tried all of the above and your AirPods still will not connect, you may need to reset them. To do this,
- Turn your AirPods off by holding the power button on the back of the case for 3 seconds.
- Open the charging case lid and hold down the tiny reset button on the back with a pen or paper clip for about 10 seconds. You’ll know it’s working when you see the white light start flashing.
- Release the reset button and close the lid.
- Hold down the power button on the back of the case for 3 seconds to turn your AirPods back on.
If your AirPods still aren’t connecting, try turning them off and on again while they’re in the charging case. If that doesn’t work, you may need to reset them
7. Clean Your AirPods
If your AirPods still do not connect, there may be dirt or dust inside of your charging case. To clean it,
- To begin, yoTo begin, you must first remove the AirPods from their case. Once you have done that, you need to use a soft cloth to wipe down the exterior of the AirPods.
- Make sure to also clean the charging port on the back of the AirPods.To accomplish this, try using a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- Finally, make sure to clean the inside of the charging case. You can do this by using a small brush, or a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.
8. Reset Network Settings
If there is an issue with the AirPods connection, you may need to reset your network settings. To do this
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General ->click on Reset ->then click on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.
Your iPhone will restart and reset all of its network settings. After your device has restarted, try connecting your AirPods again.
If all of these solutions fail to get your AirPods working properly, it’s possible that there is a hardware issue, and you will need to contact Apple for support.
9. Repair Your AirPods with Apple
If your AirPods are still not connecting, it’s possible that there is a hardware issue and you will need to contact Apple for support. To do this,
- Head to Apple’s website and click on ” Repair your product ” in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select ” AirPods “.
- Click on ” Get started ” and follow the instructions.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process and send your AirPods off for repair.
Apple has made it very easy to repair your AirPods if they break or stop working. All you need to do is head to their website and follow the instructions.
It only takes a little time, and you will be back up and running with your AirPods in no time!
Tips to Keep Your AirPods Working
Here are ten tips you should keep in mind to make your AirPods work properly:
1. AirPods are equipped with Apple’s custom W-series wireless chip, which can sense magnetic fields and switch between two antennas to reduce interference. But the metal shell of the earbuds is not good at dealing with magnetism from other devices or from outside sources, so you should keep your AirPods away from strong magnetic fields.
2. Make sure that the lid of the charging case is closed properly so that AirPods can charge.
3. If you charge your AirPods for more than 24 hours in a row, it will cause some problems with the battery.
4. Your AirPods should not be exposed to extreme temperatures, such as very high or low temperatures, because it may damage their functionality or even the charging case.
5. You should clean the case of your AirPods periodically because there may be dirt or dust stuck in it, which will affect its performance and cause some problems with charging.
6. You can also use your earphone’s charging case to charge other devices, such as your iPhone or iPad.
7. Make sure that both your AirPods and the device you’re trying to connect with are within Bluetooth range, which is about 33 feet (about ten meters).
8. If you’re not using your AirPods, you should turn them off by pressing and holding the button on the back of the charging case for a few seconds.
9. Before trying to connect your AirPods with other devices, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or another device.
10. If you’re going to use your AirPods when you’re exercising, make sure that the ear tips are properly inserted in your ears and that the sport band is tight enough so they won’t fall out.
Still, Having Problems?
If you’ve tried all of the above and your AirPods still will not connect, there are a few other things that you can try:
- Make sure that your AirPods are within range of your iOS device. If they are too far away, they may not connect.
- Try connecting your AirPods to another iOS device to see if the issue is with your AirPods or your iPhone or iPad.
- Contact Apple Support for further assistance if you’re still having problems.
We hope that this post was helpful in troubleshooting your AirPods not connecting issue! If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!