Are you sick of having to swipe through many app icons on your iPhone and wondering how to uninstall many apps at once? If yes, we have got you covered.
In this article, we’ll explore practical techniques to help you streamline your app management process. We have quick and easy fixes if you want to clear some space or organize your home screen. Delete your unused apps and welcome a cleaner, more organized iPhone!
Can You Delete Multiple Apps on Your iPhone at Once?
Yes, you can delete many apps from your iPhone at once; however, iOS doesn’t have an option. The process of removing apps can be simplified with the help of alternative methods and techniques, enabling you to clean your mobile device more effectively.
1. Preparing for App Deletion
It’s important to get ready by protecting your data before uninstalling various apps from your iPhone. Here are some essential steps to take into account:
2. Data Backup
Ensure that all your important app data, including documents, pictures, and messages, is backed up. A complete backup of your device can be made using iCloud or iTunes.
3. Password and Account Details
Ensure you have the login and account details for the apps you intend to uninstall. If you decide to reinstall them later, this will be important.
4. Transfer Important Files
If the app has any important files or documents, move them to a safe place, such as iCloud Drive or another cloud storage platform.
5. Note Settings and Preferences
Note any preferences or settings for the apps you might want to restore if you later decide to reinstall them.
By taking these safety precautions, you can proceed with uninstalling several apps from your iPhone with confidence, knowing that all of your important information is safely backed up and available if necessary.
How to Delete Multiple Apps on iPhone?
Certainly, there are many ways to remove apps from your iPhone. Let’s talk about each of the methods.
Method 1. Delete Apps from Home Screen
- On the home screen of your iPhone, tap and hold a free space.
- The apps will start jiggling after a brief period, and the top-left corner of many app icons will show an “X” symbol.
- Tap the “X” or “-“ icon on the app you wish to remove.
- When a confirmation box appears, select “Delete” to uninstall the application.
- For any additional apps you wish to remove, follow these steps.
Method 2. Remove Apps through Settings
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click “General” after scrolling down.
- If you’re using an iPad, select “iPad Storage” instead of “iPhone Storage.”
- Next, you will see a list of all the installed apps.
- To delete an app, simply swipe from the right and select ”Delete.”
- Confirm the deletion by tapping “Delete App.”
Method 3. Offload Apps
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” menu.
- Click “General” after scrolling down.
- Choose “iPhone Storage.”
- Select the app by tapping it.
- Enable “Offload unused App.” The apps are deleted, but your data is kept.
- Your data will be recovered if you subsequently reinstall the app.
Method 4. Delete Through the App Store
- Open the app store.
- In the top-right corner, tap on your profile photo.
- To access the downloaded apps section, scroll down.
- Select the apps that you want to delete and confirm the action.
- Thus, the app will be deleted from your device.
These techniques provide different levels of convenience and control when removing apps from your iPhone.
Whether it’s quick removal from the home screen, a more thorough uninstallation through settings, or the capability to offload apps for momentary storage savings, choose the method according to your needs and preferences.
Method 5. Uninstall Apps Through iTunes (Earlier to iOS 12)
Connect your iPhone.
Connect your iPhone with a computer, then open iTunes (be sure to use the most recent version).
Select Your Device
To choose your iPhone, click on the tiny device symbol in the iTunes window’s upper-left corner.
Select “Apps” from the device drop-down menu in iTunes’ left sidebar to access apps. This will display a list of every app that is currently installed on your iPhone.
To delete an app, simply click on it in the list of apps and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard.
To apply the changes, click the “Apply” button in the bottom-right corner. Your iPhone will be synced with iTunes, and the chosen apps will be deleted.
This method only works with earlier releases of iTunes and iOS, including iOS 11. App administration is now done directly on the device, starting with the release of iOS 12 and later versions of iOS from Apple. Use the techniques outlined before in this article if you’re running a more recent version of iOS.
Removing an App from the Home Screen
When you remove an app from the home screen, you just remove its shortcut or icon from the home screen, but the app remains installed on your device.
The app is not removed from your iPhone or deleted.
If you swipe down on the home screen to see the search bar, you can quickly locate the app again by looking for it in the App Library.
Deleting an App
You totally remove an app from the device when you delete it. By performing this action, the software is uninstalled, erasing all connected data.
When you delete an app from your device, you recover storage space.
You can uninstall an app by uninstalling it, hitting the “X” or ”-“ on a jiggling app icon on the home screen, using iTunes (for earlier versions of iOS), or using the Settings app.
In the end, there are many ways to manage apps on your iPhone to best suit your needs. These flexible techniques allow you to personalize and enhance your iPhone experience, whether you want to simplify your home screen by removing icons or free up storage by deleting apps or offloading them for temporary storage savings.