There have been numerous Facetime calls over the years, but can you make the longest one? With ever-improving technology, we’re getting closer and closer to breaking that record.
So far, the current record is held by a man who talked with his partner for 88 hours and 53 minutes! Can you beat that? Read on to find out how you can make your own longest Facetime call.
Can You Make the Longest Facetime Call?
Yes, you can make the longest Facetime call as there is no time limit for a Facetime call. But before making the call, you must prepare for it. So what are you waiting for? Pick up your phone and give it a try!
How to Make the Longest Facetime Call?
Before you can even think about making the longest Facetime call, there are many things to consider.
You and the person you are making the call with must be committed to breaking the record. If both of you are not on the same page, the call will be shorter than you think.
If you are committed and ready, then follow the steps given below:
1. Put the Facetime App in The Focus Mode
Before making the call, you should put the Facetime app in focus mode. This way, the Facetime app will use all your phone resources, and you will not get interrupted by any other apps. To do this,
- Go to settings and click on Focus.
- Click the ‘+‘ icon and tap on custom.
- Next, create a focus profile by giving it a name.
- Under “Allowed people,” select the person you want to make the record with.
- Make sure under the “Other people” section, “Call from no one” is selected.
- Now, Tap on allow and add the Facetime app under the allowed app section.
- Then Tap on allow and click done.
- Now, your focus profile is ready, and you can turn it on by going into your control center.
- Open the control center, long press on Focus, and select the profile you have created.
This will enable the focus mode and will not allow any other app to interrupt you.
2. Ensure You Have a Stable Internet Connection
Second, you will need to have a strong and stable connection. This is important because you don’t want the call to be dropped in the middle of your conversation.
A good way to test your connection is to do a speed test. If the quality is good, then you should be fine to make a Facetime call.
In order to make a Facetime call, both parties must be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
This is because video chat uses a lot of data, and it would quickly eat up your cellular data allowance if you’re not on Wi-Fi. But, you must have a cellular data plan in case something goes wrong with Wi-Fi.
Also, make sure you are in an area with a good signal reception because If your area has poor signal reception, your call quality will suffer.
3. Make Sure Your Battery is Fully Charged
Before making a Facetime call, you should ensure your battery is fully charged. This is because video chat can use up a lot of battery power.
If your battery is low, it’s a good idea to plug your phone into a power source so that you don’t run out of battery during the call.
4. Test the Audio and Video Quality Before Making the Call
It’s always a good idea to test the audio and video quality before making a Facetime call. This way, you can make sure that everything is working properly and that the other person will be able to hear and see you clearly.
To do this, you can open the Facetime app and make a test call to yourself.
Now you are ready to make the longest Facetime call and break the record. Just remember to follow the steps above, and you will be fine. Good luck!
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions before breaking the record, please feel free to leave a comment below.