Whenever you receive a call, you simply answer it, but what happens when you’re already on a call and another one comes through? This blog post will explain what call waiting is and how to activate it on your iPhone.
We will also provide some tips on using this feature to your advantage.
What is Call Waiting on iPhone?
Call waiting is a default feature on iphone which allows you to answer an incoming call even if you’re already on another call.
When someone try to calls you, and you’re already on the phone, they will hear a busy signal.
However, if you have call waiting enabled, you will hear a beep letting you know that someone is trying to reach you. From there, you can either ignore the incoming call or answer it.
If you choose to answer it, you will be placed on hold for your first call and connected to the second caller. You can then alternate between the two calls as needed by clicking on “swap” calls.
What Happens when Call Waiting is On or Off?
When call waiting is turned ON, and you receive a second incoming call, you’ll hear a slight beep letting you know that someone else is trying to reach you.
If you’re on an iPhone-to-iPhone call, the other person’s name and photo will also appear on your screen. You can then choose to:
- Do nothing, and the first caller will stay connected. The second caller will hear a busy signal.
- Ignore the second call and continue speaking to the first caller. The second caller will go to voicemail.
- Hold the current call and answer the new one. You can alternate between calls by tapping on the “Swap” button.
If you have call waiting turned OFF, you won’t hear a beep when a second call comes in, and the caller will go straight to voicemail.
How to Activate Call Waiting on iPhone?
Now that we’ve explained what call waiting is, let’s go over how to activate it on your iPhone. Call waiting feature is turned on by default, but if it is not enabled on your iPhone, it’s easy to turn on.
To activate call waiting,
- Simply go to your Settings app and tap on the phone.
- Then, scroll down and click on “Call Waiting.”
- Finally, toggle the switch next to call Waiting to the green ‘on’ position.
What Does Call Waiting Mean when You’re Calling Someone?
If you’re wondering what call waiting means when you’re the one making a call, it’s actually pretty simple. When you make a call and hear a busy signal, it means that the person you’re calling has call waiting enabled and is currently on another call.
If you want to reach them, you can wait until they are off the phone or try calling again later.
Does User Busy Mean You’re Blocked?
There is a common misconception that when you call someone and hear a busy signal, it means that person has blocked your number.
However, this is not the case all the time. If you hear a busy signal, it can also mean that the person is on another call or has call waiting enabled.
Advantages of Call Waiting
There are a few advantages of using call waiting.
- You can answer an incoming call without having to end your current call, and you can also swap between the two calls whenever you want.
- First, it can be a lifesaver in emergency situations. If you’re on the phone and someone tries to reach you with an emergency, you’ll be able to take their call without ending your first call.
- Finally, it can be a helpful way to screen calls. If you’re on the phone and don’t want to talk to the person who is calling, you can simply ignore their call and continue speaking to the first caller.
Let’s say you’re on a call with a friend and you see that your boss is trying to reach you. You can put your friend on hold and answer the call from your boss.
Once you’re done speaking with your boss, you can go back to your friend. This way, you never have to miss an important call.
Another example is if you’re on a call with a client and you see that your spouse is trying to reach you. You can put the client on hold and take the call from your spouse. This way, you can keep both parties happy without missing any important calls.
So, In conclusion, call waiting is a great way to stay connected with important people in your life without having to miss any important calls. Call waiting can be a lifesaver whether you’re trying to screen calls or need to take an important call.
Be sure to turn on this feature in your iPhone’s settings, so you never have to miss an important call again.
Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. We’ll be happy to answer them!
1 thought on “What is Call Waiting & How to Use it on iPhone? – Detailed Guide”
Oh, this was very Helpful