Have you ever wondered what happens to the incoming calls when your phone is on do not disturb mode? This is a question that many people have, and the answer is… it depends.
In this blog post, we will discuss what happens when you have do not disturb turned on and someone tries to call you. We will also discuss how to set up do not disturb and some of its benefits.
What is Do Not Disturb Mode?
Do not disturb is a setting on your iPhone that silences all incoming calls, texts, and other notifications. This can be handy when you’re in a meeting or trying to get some sleep.
You can still receive phone calls, but they will go straight to voicemail. These calls will also appear as missed calls in your call logs.
To turn do not disturb on or off, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center, then tap the crescent moon icon.
When do not disturb is on, you will also see that crescent moon icon in the status bar at the top of your screen.
Do Phone Calls Go to Voicemail on Do Not Disturb?
When you have do not disturb turned on, and someone tries to call you, the call will usually go straight to voicemail. However, there are exceptions to this rule.
If the person calling you is on your “favorite contact list,” then the call will come through as normal if you have enabled “Allowed notification” in the Do not disturb settings.
Additionally, if you have “Do not disturb” set to allow calls from everyone, then the call will also come through as normal.
You can also change the “Do not disturb mode” settings to allow calls from certain people or turn it off altogether.
How to Allow Certain Calls on Do Not Disturb iPhone?
There is the only way to allow certain calls through even when do not disturb is turned on. To do this,
- First, open your phone app and click on ‘favorites’ in the bottom left corner.
- Next, tap on the + icon in the top left corner and select the contact you want to add to your favorites.
- Next, go to the setting app and click on ‘Focus.’
- Find and click on “Do not disturb.”
- Now,under “Allowed notification” section click on ‘people’.
- Tap on “Call From” and select “Favourites.”
Now you will receive calls from your favorite contacts even when do not disturb mode is turned on.
How Do You Know if Someone Put You on Do Not Disturb?
When you call someone, and they don’t answer, you might wonder if they’ve intentionally put you on Do Not Disturb.
There are a few things you can try that might give you a clue.
- If you are trying to call someone and the call goes straight to voicemail, they have likely do not disturb turned on.
- If your call immediately ends after hearing a beep sound that this is also an indication that someone has put you on Do not disturb.
Remember, there is no sure way to tell because these scenarios can also happen when their phone has no signals, or it is on Airplane mode, or their phone is turned off.
Do Calls Ring if Your Phone Is on Do Not Disturb?
No, calls will not ring if your phone is on do not disturb. However, the person you are trying to call will see that call as a missed call on their call log.
Also, as we mentioned before, there are exceptions to this rule. If the person calling you is on your favorite list, and you have set allow calls from favorites while do not disturb mode is on, then the call will come through as normal.
Can You Still See Missed Calls on Do Not Disturb?
Yes, you will still see missed calls on do not disturb. The person you are trying to call will not see any notification of the call, but that call will be shown as a missed call when you open their contact list.
If you’re looking for a way to completely ignore incoming calls, you’ll need to use airplane mode or turn off your phone altogether.
What are the Benefits of Do Not Disturb Mode?
There are several benefits to using do not disturb mode:
- It allows you to get a good night’s sleep without being disturbed by phone calls.
- It prevents you from being distracted by phone calls during important meetings or events.
- It allows you to focus on your work or studies without being interrupted by phone calls.
- You can change do not disturb settings to your needs and allow calls from certain people, so you may not miss any important calls.
- You can turn off do not disturb when you are finished using it, so you don’t continue to miss calls.
Do not disturb mode is a great way to prevent yourself from being disturbed by phone calls. It is also a great way to get some peace and quiet if you need it.
You can also change do not disturb settings to allow calls from certain people, so you don’t miss any important calls.
You can also set do not disturb to turn on and off at certain times, or you can manually turn it on and off when you need it.
Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.