There are some scenarios in which we dont want our iPhone alarm to keep ringing until we manually turn it off.
In this article, we will explore whether or not iPhone alarms turn off by themselves and provide some methods to make your alarms automatically turn off.
Do iPhone Alarms Turn Off by Themselves?
iPhone alarms do not turn off by themselves. Once an alarm rings on an iPhone, it will continue to sound for 15 minutes and then snooze for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of snoozing, it will start ringing again, but this time it will ring without any sound for 15 minutes, and this cycle will keep going until the user manually turns off the alarm.
Why iPhone Alarms Turn Off by Itself?
Most people think that their alarm turns off by itself when it snoozes for 9 minutes after ringing, but if that is not the case, then your iphone alarm might be turning off due to these reasons:
- Software Issues: There may be some software glitches or bugs that are causing the alarm to malfunction. Updating your iPhone to the latest software version may help to resolve this issue.
- Call During an Alarm: If you receive any call on your iphone while your alarm is ringing, it will immediately put the alarm sound on silent, and people will perceive that the alarm is turned off, but in reality, it is still going off without any sound.
- Battery Low: If your iPhone’s battery is low and your iPhone powers off because of that while the alarm is ringing, your alarm will automatically turn off.
How to Make the iPhone Alarm Stop Automatically?
If you want your iphone alarms to turn off automatically, then there are two secret methods to make your alarms turn off by themselves:
1. Use a Second Alarm with a Silent Ringtone
By default, the iPhone alarm will continue until you manually turn it off. However, You can set another alarm with no sound that will automatically turn off the previous alarm.
You can set the second alarm’s time at which you want the first alarm to stop. This can be done through the Clock app on your iPhone.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Alarm” at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap on the + icon located at the top right corner to create a second alarm.
- Select the time at which you want your first alarm to stop.
- Tap on “Sound” and select ‘none’ by scrolling down to the bottom of the list.
- Tap “Save” to save your changes.
Now as soon as your second alarm starts ringing, your first alarm will automatically stop, and you won’t hear any sound because there is no sound selected for your second alarm.
2. Call when The Alarm Is Ringing
If you get a call on your iphone while your alarm is ringing, it will turn off the alarm sound automatically. Also, It doesn’t matter whether you accept or decline the call; your iphone alarm sound will go on silent as soon as you receive any incoming call.
In conclusion, iPhone alarms do not turn off themselves, but they ring without sound after they automatically snooze for the first time.
You can also use a second alarm with a silent ringtone or call your iphone when the alarm is ringing to turn it off at your desired time.
We hope that this article was helpful to you in understanding why iphone alarms do not turn off by themselves. It is important to note that software issues or a low battery can also cause the alarm to turn off.