Have you ever been in that situation when you’re on a Facetime call with someone and realize that you have something important to do?
Maybe you had to go somewhere after a specific time and will not be able to end the call manually, or maybe you just didn’t want to talk to them anymore.
Whatever the reason, there are two ways to end a facetime call automatically. Keep reading for more information on how to do this!
Does FaceTime Automatically Hang up?
Unfortunately, there is no default way to automatically end a Facetime call because there is no limit on how long a Facetime call can be. However, some workarounds can help you accomplish this.
How to End a FaceTime Call Automatically?
There are two different methods to end a Facetime call on your iPhone automatically:
1. Use Screen Time Feature
Screen Time is a feature that comes with iOS 12 and later. It allows you to see how much time you spend on your phone and set limits for specific apps. If you want to automatically end a Facetime call, you can so by setting up a limit for the app. To do this,
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “Screen Time.”
- Now click on “App Limits” and click on “add limit.”
- From here, you can add Facetime to the list of apps that are limited.
- Set a limit for how long you want to be able to use the app and click ‘Add.’
- This will end your Facetime call when the time limit is up.
- You can then simply remove the limit by clicking on “Delete limit” when you are done with your facetime call.
2. Set Automation Using the Shortcut App
The Shortcuts app is a powerful tool that allows you to automate different tasks on your iPhone. You can use it to automatically end a Facetime call by creating a shortcut. To do this,
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Click on Automation located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on the ‘+’ icon and select “Create Personal Automation.”
- Select “Time of day,” choose the time at which you want to end the facetime call, and click next.
- Now click on “Add action” and type airplane in search.
- Tap on “Set Airplane mode,” and it should read like “Turn Airplane mode On.”
- You can also change it from ‘On’ to ‘Off’ by clicking on it once.
- Click on next and toggle off “ask before running.”
- Click on done and if you want to disable airplane mode automatically, follow the same steps but tap ‘off’ rather than ‘on.’
- You can also change conditions according to your needs. Instead of defining time, you can use a countdown timer or, Rather than turning on Airplane mode, change it to turn off Wi-Fi.
So, in conclusion, there are two ways that you can automatically end a Facetime call: by using the Screen Time feature or by creating a shortcut using the Shortcuts app.
Both methods are relatively simple and only take a few minutes to set up. So try them out next time you need to end a Facetime call automatically!
Thanks for reading! If you know any questions, let us know in the comments below!