An iPhone screen popping out is a frustrating issue that can leave you with an unusable phone. In this article, we’ll discuss what could cause your iPhone screen to pop out, how to prevent it from happening, and what to do if your iPhone screen has already popped out.
Why an iPhone Screen can Pop Out?
There are various reasons why an iPhone screen may pop out. Some of the most common reasons include the following:
1. Accidental Damages
Drops, impacts, or pressure on the iPhone can cause the screen to pop out. This is especially true if the device is dropped from a significant height or hits a hard surface.
Similarly, if your screen pops out of the frame, it is probably due to a drop or accidental damage.
2. Battery Swelling
A swollen battery can also cause the iPhone screen to pop out. This can happen if the battery is damaged or exposed to extreme temperatures.
If your screen is popped out from the left side, it is most likely due to swollen battery as the phone’s battery is located on the left side. Changing the battery will fix the screen popping issue in this case.
3. Wear and Tear
Wear and tear is a natural process that occurs over time due to regular use and exposure to different environmental conditions.
In the case of an iPhone screen, wear and tear can cause the adhesive that holds the screen in place to weaken, which can lead to the screen popping out or becoming misaligned.
Especially, If the screen of your iPhone is popping out on the right side, there may be an issue with the adhesive or the frame of the device.
4. Loose Screws
Loose screws in an iPhone can cause the screen to pop out or become misaligned. This can happen if the screws holding the screen in place are not tightened correctly during repairs or if they become loose over time due to regular use or drops.
So, check if any of the screws in your iPhone are loose, and If they are, tighten them with a precision screwdriver. The screws can become loose from any corner, so the iphone screen can pop out from any side.
5. Manufacturing Defects
Lastly, the iPhone screen popping out could be due to a manufacturing defect, especially if you have recently bought the phone.
This can happen during production when the adhesive that holds the screen in place is not applied correctly, leading to a loose screen.
In some cases, the reason for the screen popping out may be a combination of these factors. It’s important to identify the cause of the issue before attempting to fix it to prevent further damage to your iPhone.
How to Identify a Popped-Out iPhone Screen?
You will notice some signs and symptoms if your iPhone screen has popped out. These include:
- Loose or wobbly screen: If your iPhone screen is not securely attached, it may wobble or feel loose when you touch it.
- Screen separation from the frame: The screen may also separate from the frame of the iPhone, making it look like it’s about to fall off.
- Unresponsive touch screen: If the screen has popped out due to a manufacturing defect or wear and tear, the touch screen may become unresponsive or not work properly.
If you notice any of the signs explained above, it’s important to take action immediately to prevent further damage to your iPhone.
What to Do When Your iPhone Screen Pops Out
If your iPhone screen has popped out, here are some steps you can take:
- Check if your iPhone is still under warranty: If your iPhone is still under warranty, the repairs may be covered. Check with Apple or your carrier to see if this is the case.
- Avoid DIY repairs and go to authorized service centers: It’s important to resist the urge to fix the problem yourself, as this could cause more damage to your iPhone. Instead, take it to an authorized service center where a professional can fix the issue, especially if the problem is more than some loose screws.
- Change the battery if needed: If the Battery is swollen, then replacing the battery will fix this issue.
It’s important to take action as soon as possible if your iPhone screen pops out. Delaying repairs can cause further damage and may even make your device unusable.
How to Prevent iPhone Screen from Popping Out?
You can do several things to prevent your iPhone screen from popping out. Some of them are:
- Avoid dropping or throwing your iPhone, and handle it gently to prevent accidental damage.
- A phone case can help protect your iPhone from accidental damage and wear and tear. Look for a case with a strong outer shell and a shock-absorbing inner layer.
- Extreme heat or cold can cause damage to your iPhone battery and other components, leading to the screen popping out.
- Overcharging your iPhone battery can cause it to swell, which can lead to the screen popping out. Use a compatible charger, and unplug it once it’s fully charged.
By following these tips, you can help prevent your iPhone screen from popping out and ensure your device remains in good condition for longer.
In conclusion, an iPhone screen can pop out due to accidental damage, battery swelling, loose screws, etc. It’s important to identify the cause of the issue before attempting to fix it and to take action immediately to prevent further damage.
Avoid DIY repairs and take your device to an authorized professional for repair. You can take preventive measures such as handling your iPhone gently, using a protective case, avoiding extreme temperatures, and unplugging the charger once the battery is fully charged.
This will prevent your iPhone screen from popping out in the first place and ensure that your device remains in good condition for longer.