It can be incredibly frustrating when one person is constantly calling and ringing your phone. Maybe they don’t realize how often they’re calling, or maybe they just can’t take a hint that you’re not interested.
Whatever the reason, it can be tough to make them stop. Thankfully, there are a few ways that you can silence calls from one person on your iPhone.
In this blog post, we will discuss five different methods that you can use to achieve this goal!
Can You Silence Calls from One Person on iPhone?
Yes, there are a few ways that you can silence calls from one person on your iPhone. Some of them are:
1. Use a Silent Ringtone
iPhone allows its users to have a different ringtone for all contact. So, you can set a silent ringtone for the person whose calls you want to mute.
To do this,
- First of all, download a silent ringtone from itunes or any free tunes website.
- Then go to ‘Contacts’ and select the person whose calls you want to mute.
- Tap ‘Edit’ in the top right corner.
- Next, scroll down and tap ‘Ringtone.’
- Select the silent ringtone and click done.
- Now, your phone will not make any sound whenever that person calls you.
- Tap ‘None’ at the top of the list of ringtones.
This will mute all calls from this person. They will still be able to leave you a voicemail, but their calls will not make any sound when they come through.
2. Enable Silence Unknown Callers Feature
The ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ feature will silence all calls from people not on your contact list.
To turn on this feature,
- If the person you want to silence is on your contact list, remove him.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to ‘Phone.’
- Tap ‘Silence Unknown Callers.’
- Now, whenever that person calls you, your phone will not make any sound, and it will go to voicemail.
3. Turn on Do Not Disturb mode for that Person
You can also choose to silence calls for one person by enabling the “Do Not Disturb” mode and changing some settings.
To do this,
- First of all, make sure the number you want to silence is not in your contact list.
- Go to your Settings app and click on Focus.
- Then, select “do not disturb.”
- Now, Under “Allowed Notifications,” select people.
- Now click on “Calls From” and select “All Contacts.”
- Then Enable Do Not Disturb
Now, you will not receive calls from that number, and your contacts will still be able to call you.
4. Block that Person
If you want to take more drastic measures, you can always block that person. This will prevent them from being able to call or text you at all.
To do this,
- Go to your Settings app and click on the phone.
- Then select “Blocked Contacts” and add the number of the person you want to block.
- You can also block them from your contact list by swiping left on their name and tapping “Block this Contact.”
Once you have done this, the person will not be able to contact you in any way. You can always unblock that contact later if you want to by following the same steps.
5. Use a Third-Party App
A few third-party apps can also help you silence calls from one person.
Some of these apps are:
Call Blocker: Block spam calls: This app allows you to mute specific numbers or contacts. It also has the ability to record calls and block spam callers.
Mr. Number: This app can block calls and texts from specific numbers and Spam callers.
There are several methods that you can use to silence calls from one person on your iPhone. You can use a silent ringtone, the “Do Not Disturb” mode, or block that person altogether.
You can also use a third-party app to help you achieve this goal. Whatever method you choose, make sure that it is the best.
Thanks for reading! We hope this post helped answer your questions. If you have further questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.