If you’re not getting Snapchat notifications on your iPhone, you’re not alone. Unfortunately, this is a common problem that many people experience.
Thankfully, there are a few methods you can try to fix it. This article will discuss how to fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working on your iPhone!
1. Try Enabling the Background App Refresh Feature
It would be best if you first ensure that background app refresh is enabled for Snapchat. The steps below will show you how to enable Background App Refresh on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Then, scroll down and tap on Background App Refresh.
- Toggle the switch to ON next to Background App Refresh.
- A list of apps that can take advantage of Background App Refresh will appear.
- Find Snapchat and Toggle the switch to ON next to the app.
- Background App Refresh is now enabled for your iPhone.
If it’s not on, turn it on and see if your notifications start coming through correctly.
2. Update Your Snapchat App
If you’re still not getting Snapchat notifications, try updating the app to the latest version. To do this, go to the App Store and tap “Updates” at the bottom of the screen.
Then find Snapchat and tap “Update.” If there is no update available, that means you’re already on the latest version.
3. Force Quit Snapchat
If background app refresh doesn’t work, you can try force quitting the Snapchat app. To do this,
- Open the App Switcher by double-tapping the home button or by swiping up on the home screen.
- Then, swipe up on the Snapchat app to force quit.
- Tap the red ‘x’ in the corner of the app.
- Tap ‘Force Quit’ in the popup menu.
Then open it back up and see if your notifications have started working correctly.
4. Allow Notifications for the Snapchat App
Another thing you can check is your notification settings for Snapchat. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications > Snapchat and make sure that you have the correct settings enabled.
You should have the “Allow Notifications” toggle turned on, and you should also have the “Show in History” setting turned on.
5. Try Signing-Out and Then Sign-In in Again
If you’re still not getting Snapchat notifications, try signing out of the app and then signing back in again.
To do this, go to Settings > Account > Logout. Then open up the Snapchat app and sign back in with your username and password. This should fix the problem!
6. Clear Snapchat App Cache
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and you’re still not getting notifications, you can try clearing the Snapchat app cache. To do this,
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap on “Clear Cache” again to confirm.
That’s it! Your Snapchat app cache will now be cleared.
7. Make Sure Your iPhone is Not on Do Not Disturb Mode
If you’re not getting notifications from Snapchat, make sure that your iPhone is not on do not disturb mode. To do this, go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb and check that the “Do Not Disturb” toggle is turned off.
If it’s turned on, try turning it off and see if your notifications start coming.
8. Allow Snapchat to Use Background Data
Next, ensure that you’ve allowed background data usage for the app. To do this,
- Go to Settings -> Cellular.
- Please scroll down to the apps list and locate the Snapchat app to allow background data for it.
- Toggle the switch next to the app so that it turns green. That’s it – the Snapchat app will now be able to use background data.
Background app refresh is a great way to keep your apps up to date, but it can also quickly drain your battery if you’re not careful.
9. Try Enabling Push Notifications for Snapchat
The final thing you can try is enabling push notifications for Snapchat. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications > Snapchat and make sure that the “Push Notifications” toggle is turned on.
This will ensure that you receive notifications even when the app isn’t open.
10. Check Focus Settings for the Snapchat App
The next thing you can check is your focus settings. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications > Snapchat and make sure that the “Focus” setting is turned on. This will ensure that you only receive notifications from people on your friend’s list.
11. Restart Your iPhone
If you’re still not getting Snapchat notifications, try restarting your iPhone. To do this, hold down the power button and swipe to turn off your device. Then turn it back on and see if your notifications start working correctly.
12. Reinstall Snapchat
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and you’re still not getting Snapchat notifications, the last thing you can try is reinstalling the app. To do this:
- Go to the App Store and find Snapchat.
- Tap “Delete” to uninstall it.
- Once it’s been deleted, open up the App Store and install it again. This should fix the problem!
13. Report the Issue to Snapchat Support
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and still not getting Snapchat notifications, the next thing you should do is contact Snapchat support. They may be able to help you and get your notifications working correctly.
14. Uninstall Apps that are Conflicting with Snapchat
If you’re still not getting Snapchat notifications, the next thing you can try is uninstalling any conflicting apps. These are apps that may be interfering with Snapchat and causing your notifications not to work correctly.
To do this, go to Settings, next click on Apps, and find the app that you want to uninstall. Then tap “Uninstall” to remove
These are the solutions you can try if you’re not getting Snapchat notifications on your iPhone. If none of the solutions worked, you might need to contact Snapchat support for further assistance.
We hope this article helped you fix your Snapchat notifications problem! Thank you for reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments below.