Do you have a lot of spam calls on your iPhone? Are you tired of answering calls from telemarketers and other unwanted callers?
If so, this blog post is for you! In this article, we will show you how to stop calls on your iPhone without blocking them.
This is an excellent solution if you want to continue receiving calls from certain people but don’t want to receive any calls from telemarketers or other spammers. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Can You Stop Calls on The iPhone without Blocking?
The iPhone has a wide range of features that can be customized to suit your needs, and one of those features is the ability to block phone calls.
If you find yourself receiving unwanted calls from a particular number, you can add that number to your blocked list and stop future calls from coming through.
However, there may be times when you need to temporarily stop all calls from coming through without actually blocking anyone.
Fortunately, there are many methods that we will discuss in this article that allows you to stop calls on your iphone without blocking them.
How to Stop Calls on iPhone without Blocking?
There are various methods to stop someone from calling you on your iphone without blocking them.
Some methods can block calls temporarily, while others can be used to block calls permanently without needing to block that specific person.
Some of these methods are:
1. Silence Unknown Callers
You can use the “silence unknown callers” feature to stop receiving calls without blocking the other person on your iPhone.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Once you are in the Settings app, scroll down and tap on phone.
- Next, tap on the Silence Unknown Callers toggle to turn it on.
- This will silence all calls from numbers not in your Contacts or Recents list.
- Now, when you receive a call from an unknown number, it will go straight to voicemail without ringing on your end.
This is a great way to avoid spam calls, as most telemarketers and other unwanted callers will not be in your Contacts or Recents list.
2. Silence Junk Callers
There are certain spammers that your Sim carrier is aware of, and you can stop receiving calls from them by using the “Silence Junk Callers” feature.
If your carrier provides this feature, then you can enable this by
- Go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the phone.
- Then find and select Call Blocking & Identification.
- On the next screen, turn on silence junk callers.
If you don’t find this feature, then it means that your carrier does not support this feature.
3. Use Focus Mode
Apple has recently introduced focus mode in iOS 15, and it has many useful features.
Among them is also one feature that will allow you to stop calls on your iphone without blocking them. To do this,
- Go to the settings app and click on “Focus.”
- Next, Tap on the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner.
- You can create your personal focus settings on the next screen, give it any name, and click next.
- Now, under the Other people section, select “calls from.”
- You can now select whether you want to stop receiving calls from everyone or just from unknown contacts.
- Then click on next and then select allow.
- Now to enable the “Focus mode” feature go to your control center and tap on focus.
- You will see a list of all focus profiles you have on your iPhone.
- Simply tap on the one you created, and the focus mode will be enabled.
Remember this feature is not available on devices running iOS 14 or less, so make sure you have the latest iOS installed to use this feature.
4. Enable Do Not Disturb
The next thing you’ll want to do is enable Do Not Disturb. This feature will silence all incoming calls, texts, and notifications. To turn it on,
- Open the Settings app and tap on focus.
- On the next screen. Click on “Do Not Disturb.”
- Then, toggle the switch to the right to enable this feature.
You can also schedule Do Not Disturb to turn on and off automatically at certain times.
5. Enable Airplane Mode
If you want to stop all incoming and outgoing calls, then the best way is to enable Airplane Mode.
This will disable all wireless signals on your iPhone, including cellular data, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. To turn it on,
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center.
- Tap on the airplane icon to enable Airplane Mode.
- You can also enable Airplane Mode from the Settings app. Just go to Settings and toggle on Airplane mode.
So, in conclusion, there are many ways to stop calls on your iPhone without blocking them.
You can use the Silence Unknown Callers or Silence Junk Callers feature to silence all calls from unknown or spam numbers.
You can also enable Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode to stop all calls from coming through temporarily. Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.