If you’re new to iPhone or just starting out with iOS text messages, you may be wondering what emphasized text means. What does it do, and how can you use it to make your message stand out?
This guide will explain what emphasized text is and show you how to use it to make your messages better.
What Does Emphasized Mean on iPhone?
When you send or receive a text message or iMessage and don’t want to reply with a text, you can simply react to that text by sending a thumbs up, down, or a question mark, etc.
This feature makes the text stand out and makes the text emphasized. You can also make an image, or a video emphasized too.
On iPhone or any other iOS device, it will show as a blue sticker on the side of the message.
How to Make a Text Emphasized?
If you want to know how to make a text emphasized, then follow these steps:
- Open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to react to.
- Tap and hold on to the message, photo, or video you want to emphasize.
- Now you can select from the six stickers to make your text emphasized.
- Select the sticker you want to react with from the pop-up menu.
- Click on that sticker, and your message will be emphasized.
Different Ways to Make a Text Emphasized
There are different emojis that you can use to emphasize a text. These are
- Like: This sends a thumbs-up emoji and lets the sender know you like what they sent.
- Love: This sends a heart emoji and lets the sender know you love what they sent.
- Dislike: This sends a thumbs-down emoji and lets the sender know you don’t like what they sent.
- Laugh: This sends a laughing emoji and lets the sender know you think what they sent is funny.
- Question: This sends a question mark emoji and lets the sender know you have a question about what they sent.
- Exclamation: This sends an exclamation point emoji and lets the sender know you’re surprised by what they sent.
As you can see, Emphasizing a text is a quick and easy way to reply to a message without typing out a response. So next time you’re wondering what that means, just refer to this article, and you’ll be able to figure it out quickly.
How the Emphasized Message Appear on An iOS Device?
When you send an emphasized message to another iOS device, it will appear as a blue sticker on the side of the text. If you receive one, it will also appear as a blue sticker on the side.
It is an easy way to react to a message because it does not require you to write a text.
When you emphasize a message, photo, or video, it will appear larger in the conversation and have a bigger blue sticker next to it. This makes it easier to see what has been reacted to and what hasn’t.
How the Emphasized Message Appears on Android Device?
The android device will not show the emoji you used to emphasize your message. Instead, It will show emphasized messages as “Sender(liked, loved, disliked, etc.)” followed by the text message you sent.
For example, If your android friend sent you a message “Hello,” and you emphasized that message with a thumbs-up emoji. Then the message will appear as Your friend liked “Hello” to your android friend.
So, in conclusion, Emphasizing a text is a quick and easy way to react to a message without having to type a reply.
You can also use different emojis to emphasize your message, such as thumbs up, down, love, laugh, question or exclamation. Also, when you send or receive an emphasized message, it will appear as a blue sticker on the side of the text.
Thanks for reading! We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.