Do you ever feel like your iPhone is constantly buzzing and beeping, even when you are busy doing some work? This can be really frustrating when you’re trying to focus on a task or get some peace and quiet.
In this blog post, we will show you how to turn down the notification volume on your iPhone so that you can finally get some peace and quiet.
Can You Change the Volume of Notifications on iPhone?
Yes, there are a few different ways to change the volume of notifications on your iPhone. You can use the physical volume buttons on your iPhone, the Settings app, the Control Center, Siri, or Do Not Disturb Mode.
You can also change the notification settings for individual apps so that you only receive notifications from the apps that you care about.
How to Turn Down Notification Volume on iPhone?
There are a few different ways to turn down the notification volume on your iPhone.
1. Use Volume Buttons
The first method to quickly turn down your notification volume is to use the physical volume buttons on your iPhone.
To do this, simply press the volume down button on the side of your iPhone until the notification sound is at a level that you are comfortable with.
2. Use Settings App
Another way is to use the Settings app. To do this,
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to the “Sound and Haptics” section.
- In this section, you will see a slider that says “Ringer and Alerts.”
- This slider controls the overall volume of all sounds on your iPhone, including notifications.
- Move the slider to the left to turn down the volume.
3. Turn Down Notification Volume Using the Control Center
The third method is to use the Control Center. To do this,
- Depending on your iPhone model, swipe up or down to open the Control Center.
- Once you are in the Control Center, you will see a slider that says “Volume.”
- This slider also controls the overall volume of all sounds on your iPhone, including notifications.
- Simply move the slider to the left to turn down the volume.
4. Use Siri to Turn Down Notification Volume
The fourth method is to use Siri. To do this, simply activate Siri by holding down the Home button or saying, “Hey Siri.”
Once Siri is activated, say something like, “Turn down the notification volume.” Siri will then adjust the notification volume on your iPhone accordingly.
5. Enable AssistiveTouch
If you have difficulty pressing the volume buttons on your iPhone Or your volume button is not working, then you can enable the AssistiveTouch feature.
This will add a virtual Home button to your iPhone screen. To enable this feature
- Go to the settings app and tap on accessibility.
- Now, select Touch in Physical and Motion.
- Here you find the AssistiveTouch tap on it.
- Now on the next screen, toggle on.
You can also customize different actions to this virtual Home Button. Just click on the white circle and lower the notification volume level to your needs.
6. Change Notification Settings for Individual Apps
If you are constantly getting notifications from certain apps that you don’t really care about, you can change the notification settings for those individual apps.
- To do this, go into your Settings app and tap on “Notifications.”
- Here, you will see a list of all the apps on your iPhone that have notifications enabled.
- Select the app you want to turn down notification volume for and then toggle off the sound.
7. Enable Do Not Disturb Mode
The last method is to use Do Not Disturb Mode. To do this,
- Open the Settings app and scroll down and select “focus.”
- Next, click on do not disturb.
- In this section, you will see a switch that says “Do Not Disturb.”
- When this switch is turned on, the volume of all notifications will be silenced.
You can also schedule Do Not Disturb Mode to automatically turn on at certain times. For example, you could schedule it to turn on every night at 11 PM so that you can get some peace while you sleep.
How to Separate Ringtone and Notification Volume on iPhone?
If you want to have your ringtone volume be different from your notification volume,
- Go to Settings and select “sounds and haptics.”
- Then, toggle off the “change with buttons” option. This will separate ringtone and notification volume changers.
- Now, above that slider, you can adjust the volume of your ringtone. This will not change your notification volume.
- To change your notification volume, use your iPhone volume buttons.
So, in conclusion, there are many different methods that you can use to turn down notification volume on your iPhone. You can use the Settings app, Control Center, Siri, or even Do Not Disturb Mode.
You can also change the notification settings for individual apps or enable the AssistiveTouch feature if you have difficulty pressing the volume buttons on your iPhone.
And finally, if you want your ringtone volume to be different from your notification volume, you can toggle off the “Change with Buttons” option in the Settings app.
We hope this article was helpful in showing you how to turn down the notification volume on your iPhone. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thanks for reading!