It can be a little confusing if your iPhone isn’t ringing when someone tries to call you on FaceTime. What does it mean, and why is the call not going through?
Don’t worry; we’re here to help! This blog post will explain what it means when FaceTime doesn’t ring and how to fix the problem.
Why isn’t Facetime Ringing and How to Fix This Problem?
There are a few possible reasons why your FaceTime isn’t ringing when someone tries to call you. Here are a few of the most common reasons, along with some solutions:
1. Facetime is Disabled on Your iPhone
The first thing you should check is whether or not FaceTime is turned on. To do this, go to Settings -> FaceTime and make sure that the switch next to FaceTime is in the ON position.
If it’s already on and you’re still not receiving calls, move on to the next solution.
2. Facetime is Not Setup on your iPhone:
Another possibility is that you have not yet set up FaceTime on your iPhone.
To do this, go to Settings -> FaceTime and make sure your mobile number or Apple id is selected under Facetime options.
Once you’ve done this, try placing a call to yourself to see if it’s working.
3. Your iPhone is on Silent Mode
If your iPhone is silent, you will not receive any sound notifications for incoming calls, including FaceTime calls. To turn off silent mode, press the Silent button on the side of your iPhone.
4. Your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode
If your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode, your facetime app will not ring when you receive a call.
If you see a moon icon next to the battery icon, that means your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode.
To turn it Off, go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb and turn the switch to the OFF position.
Similarly, if you see an airplane icon, then your iPhone is in Airplane mode. To turn off Airplane mode, open Control Center and tap the airplane icon.
5. There is a Problem with your Facetime App
If you’ve checked all of the above and you’re still not receiving FaceTime calls, then there may be a problem with your FaceTime app.
- First of all, check for updates by going to the App Store and tapping on Updates. If there is an update for FaceTime, install it and see if that fixes the problem.
- If no updates are available or updating doesn’t fix the problem, try deleting and reinstalling the app. To do this, press and hold down on the FaceTime icon until it starts wiggling. Tap the “x” that appears and then tap Delete when prompted. Once you have deleted the app, go to the App Store and install it again.
- Rebooting your iPhone as a simple restart can often fix minor software glitches that might be causing problems with specific apps like FaceTime.
- Lastly, try force quitting the app and restarting your iPhone. To do this, double-click the Home button or swipe up from the bottom to bring up the multitasking tray. Then, find the FaceTime app and swipe up to close it.
6. Your iPhone is Not Connected to the Internet
FaceTime requires an internet connection to work, so if your iPhone is not connected to the Internet, you will not be able to receive FaceTime calls.
To check if your iPhone is connected to the internet, open Safari and try loading a webpage.
If it loads without any problems, then you’re good to go. If not, connect to a Wi-Fi network or turn on cellular data and try again.
Why Facetime is Not Ringing on All Devices?(Mac/iPad)
If you’re not receiving FaceTime calls on all of your devices, the problem is likely with your Apple ID. To fix this, sign out of your Apple ID on all of your devices and then sign back in again. To do this,
- Go to Settings -> FaceTime and tap the “Sign Out” button.
- After you’ve signed out, restart your device and then sign back in with your Apple ID.
This should fix the problem.
Next, you should check for updates. To do this on Mac, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and then click on “Software Update.”
If an update is available for FaceTime, install it and see if it fixes the problem.
To check for updates on the iPad, open the App Store and tap on the “Updates” tab. If an update is available for FaceTime, install it and see if it fixes the problem.
Lastly, try force quitting the app and restarting your device. To do this on Mac, click on the FaceTime icon in the dock and press “Command+Q.” This will quit the app. After that, restart your Mac and open FaceTime again. To do this on an iPad:
- Double tap the Home button or simply swipe up from the bottom to bring up the multitasking tray.
- Find the FaceTime app and swipe up to close it.
- Restart your iPad and open FaceTime again.
Why Facetime is Not Ringing for One Person?
When making a Facetime call, have you ever experienced the weird phenomenon of Facetime not ringing for a specific contact? There are a few possible explanations for this.
- One possibility is that the other person has Do Not Disturb mode or Airplane mode turned on.
- Secondly, If they have Facetime turned off or they have not set up Facetime yet, the app simply will not ring.
- It’s also possible that their Facetime app is outdated, or they are using an older iPhone model that is not getting the latest app updates.
- Lastly, you may have been blocked by the other person. If they have your number blocked in their Contacts app, you will not be able to reach them via FaceTime (or calls or texts). To check if this is the case, try calling the person from a different phone or ask a mutual friend to call them and see if they pick up. If they don’t, then you’ve probably been blocked.
Why Facetime is Not Ringing when You Call Someone?
There are many reasons why FaceTime might not be ringing when you call someone.
- First, check to ensure you’re using the correct email address or phone number. If your contact has multiple FaceTime-compatible numbers or email addresses associated with their account, you might be trying to reach them at the wrong one.
- Second, The other person might not be available on Facetime when you are trying to make the call. Try to make a call another time and see if their phone ring.
- Also, If their phone is not connected to the Internet or if the Facetime app is not installed on their iPhone, they will still not hear a ring.
- If you’ve tried all of these troubleshooting steps and you’re still having difficulty connecting with your contact, there might be an issue with their FaceTime account. In this case, your best option is to reach out to them directly to ask if they’re experiencing any problems with their service. With a little bit of cooperation, you should be able to solve the problem and get back to making video calls in no time!
So, in conclusion, if FaceTime is not working on your iPhone, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem. First, check if FaceTime is turned on and set up properly.
If it is, then try restarting your iPhone or force quitting the FaceTime app. If that doesn’t work, try updating the app or your iPhone’s software.
If all else fails, try contacting the person you’re trying to reach to see if they’re having any issues with their FaceTime account.
Troubleshooting FaceTime can be a pain, but hopefully, one of these tips will help you fix the problem.