Are you sick of getting calls from unknown numbers on your iPhone? If you are interested in learning who is behind these unknown calls, look nowhere else!
This article will examine numerous techniques and methods that can be used to identify an unknown caller’s phone number on an iPhone.
Can You Trace an Unknown Caller Number on Your iPhone?
Some methods can help identify who is making these unknown calls, though it is not always easy. Technology improvements have made it possible to learn more about unknown callers by using a variety of applications and services.
It’s crucial to remember that the success of tracing an unknown caller number depends on several variables, including the caller’s aim, whether they used private or blocked numbers, and the efficiency of the techniques used.
Let’s look at the possibilities and limitations of calling unknown numbers on your iPhone.
How to Find Out an Unknown Caller Number on iPhone?
There are a few methods mentioned below that can help you identify an unknown caller. These include:
1. Dial *69 to Trace an Unknown Caller
When a call comes in from a number without a caller ID, press *69 to track down the caller.
If you get a call from a number with no caller ID, you can try using your iPhone’s *69 capability to track the call. You can use this function to return the most recent incoming call you received. This is how to apply it:
- Wait for the call to end after answering a call from a No Caller ID number.
- On your iPhone, open the Phone app and select the Keypad tab.
- After dialing *69, click the Call button.
- The latest incoming call number will be dialed automatically via the *69 function.
Please be aware that the effectiveness of *69 depends on the caller’s intention and whether they use private or banned numbers. While it can be helpful in some cases, it may not always provide the desired results.
2. Use a Third-Party Caller ID App
Think about downloading a trustworthy caller ID app from the App Store. These apps’ huge databases can be searched to find details about unknown callers. To use a third-party caller ID app, follow these steps:
- Look for a caller ID app in the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app you want to use after installing it.
- Give the app the required access rights to access your contacts and incoming calls.
The software will try to identify the caller when you receive a call from an unidentified number and display the information on your screen.
3. Contact Your Service Provider
You can ask your service provider for help if you routinely get vulgar or threatening calls from unknown sources. They might be able to assist with call tracing and take the necessary action.
Contact the customer care department of your service provider and give them the pertinent information about the calls you received.
Always put your privacy and safety first when interacting with ominous callers. Don’t disclose personal information, and you might want to block or report questionable numbers.
Is There Any Third-Party App to Unmask a Private Number?
Yes, there are third-party apps that can assist you in revealing the identity of a caller by unmasking restricted or private numbers.
These apps use various techniques to capture data and expose the real person making private calls. Reverse Lookup and TrapCall are two well-known programs that are used for this.
1. Reverse Lookup
On the App Store, you may download the free Reverse Lookup app to find out who unknown callers are. It searches a sizable database to match the incoming number with available records. This is how it works:
- Open the Reverse Lookup app after downloading it from the App Store.
- Give the app the required access rights so it may access your contacts and incoming calls.
- Open the app and enter the number when you get a call from a private or blocked number.
- If the caller’s information is in Reverse Lookup’s database, information about them will be given.
It’s important to remember that the reliability and depth of Reverse Lookup’s database determine its effectiveness. Certain numbers could not have any information to go along with them, particularly if they are new or not frequently posted.
With cutting-edge technology, TrapCall’s comprehensive call unmasking service may reveal private or blocked callers. TrapCall requires a subscription and offers various pricing options with varied levels of capability, unlike many other free apps. This is how TrapCall works:
- To set up TrapCall on your iPhone, subscribe to their website and follow the setup steps.
- Reject any calls made to you from private or blacklisted numbers.
- TrapCall will immediately redial the caller and reveal their identity, showing you their information on the screen.
You can select the subscription plan that best meets your needs because the prices and amenities vary.
It’s important to remember that although third-party applications like Reverse Lookup and TrapCall can be useful in identifying private numbers, their accuracy is not always guaranteed.
Their effectiveness can also change according to the caller’s intention and the information available in their databases.
Finally, you may find out who is calling you on your iPhone from an unknown or private number using techniques and third-party apps. These options, which range from dialing *69 to using programs like Reverse Lookup and TrapCall, can help you identify enigmatic callers.
It’s crucial to remember that there can be variations in these methods’ efficacy and accuracy. When interacting with unknown callers, put your security and privacy first.
If necessary, you might also want to contact your service provider for more help.